Spirits Validated By Confession, Works, And Fruit, Not Signs And Wonders
Add Reply
Christ Rose
2024-09-07 20:02:05 UTC
https://christrose.news/2024/09/15-evidences-that-signs-and-wonders.html

Sign gifts are not even mentioned in
John's explanation of how to test the
spirits. Instead, John provides a
comprehensive set of criteria in his
epistle for recognizing true believers,
which centers on doctrinal confession,
obedience, righteousness, and love, not
miraculous signs (1 John 4:1-3, ESV; 1
John 3:10, ESV).

"Beloved, do not believe every spirit,
but test the spirits to see whether they
are from God, for many false prophets
have gone out into the world. By this
you know the Spirit of God: every spirit
that confesses that Jesus Christ has
come in the flesh is from God, and every
spirit that does not confess Jesus is
not from God. This is the spirit of the
antichrist, which you heard was coming
and now is in the world already." (1
John 4:1-3, ESV)

In this passage, John lays out the
primary way to discern whether someone
is from God: by their confession of
Jesus Christ. Those who confess that
Jesus came in the flesh—affirming both
His full deity and humanity—are from
God. Conversely, those who deny this
core doctrine are not from God but are
of the spirit of the antichrist. This
doctrinal test is central to John’s
teaching and provides the foundational
method for discerning the presence of
the Holy Spirit in a person’s life. John
never points to sign gifts such as
tongues or miracles as proof of
spiritual authenticity. Instead, the
core evidence lies in one’s
acknowledgment of the truth about Jesus
Christ.

Additionally, John outlines several
other ways to discern true believers,
emphasizing that spiritual fruit and
conduct are more important than
miraculous signs:

a) Obedience to God's Commands:

"And by this we know that we have come
to know him, if we keep his
commandments. Whoever says 'I know him'
but does not keep his commandments is a
liar, and the truth is not in him." (1
John 2:3-4, ESV)

John teaches that a true believer will
demonstrate obedience to God’s commands.
The consistent practice of righteousness
and adherence to God's moral law are
essential indicators of someone who
truly knows God. Obedience, not the
performance of miraculous signs, is the
evidence that someone belongs to Christ.

b) Walking in the Light:

"If we say we have fellowship with him
while we walk in darkness, we lie and do
not practice the truth. But if we walk
in the light, as he is in the light, we
have fellowship with one another, and
the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us
from all sin." (1 John 1:6-7, ESV)

A believer's life will reflect a walk in
the light, characterized by holiness and
separation from sin. Walking in the
light also produces genuine fellowship
with other believers. Again, there is no
mention of supernatural signs as proof
of one’s relationship with God—walking
in holiness and truth is the true sign
of a child of God.

c) Love for Others:

"Whoever says he is in the light and
hates his brother is still in darkness.
Whoever loves his brother abides in the
light, and in him there is no cause for
stumbling." (1 John 2:9-10, ESV)

John places great emphasis on love for
others as a defining mark of true
believers. Hatred or a lack of love for
fellow believers is a clear indication
that someone remains in darkness, while
love for one’s brother shows that they
are walking in the light. John expands
on this throughout his letter, stating
in 1 John 4:7-8 that love originates
from God, and anyone who loves has been
born of God. Love is central to the
believer’s identity, and the absence of
it signals a lack of spiritual life.
This emphasis on love as the true sign
of Christian faith stands in stark
contrast to modern claims that
supernatural signs are necessary
indicators of faith.

d) Righteous Living:

"By this it is evident who are the
children of God, and who are the
children of the devil: whoever does not
practice righteousness is not of God,
nor is the one who does not love his
brother." (1 John 3:10, ESV)

Righteous living is another key
indicator of a true child of God. John
draws a clear line between those who
practice righteousness and those who
live in sin. Righteous behavior, driven
by the Holy Spirit, reveals the
transformative work of God in a person’s
life. Miraculous signs are never
mentioned as evidence of this
transformation; rather, it is a life of
righteousness and love that
distinguishes the children of God from
the children of the devil.

e) Faith in Jesus Christ as the Son of God:

"Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son
of God, God abides in him, and he in
God." (1 John 4:15, ESV)

Confessing Jesus as the Son of God is
another crucial test that John gives for
determining true faith. True believers
confess and uphold the divinity of
Jesus. This is part of the larger
doctrinal test, which focuses on
affirming key truths about Jesus’
identity. John highlights the importance
of right belief about Christ, rather
than pointing to miraculous signs as
evidence of God’s presence in someone's
life.

f) Overcoming the World:

"For everyone who has been born of God
overcomes the world. And this is the
victory that has overcome the world—our
faith." (1 John 5:4, ESV)

John teaches that those who are born of
God overcome the world through faith.
This victory is not measured by outward
signs and wonders but by the believer’s
ability to resist the temptations of the
world and live in victory through faith
in Christ. The focus is on internal
transformation and perseverance in
faith, not on external signs.

Throughout 1 John, the apostle provides
several clear criteria for recognizing
true believers, and none of them involve
the performance of miraculous signs,
drinking poison or grabbing venomous
snakes without being harmed, etc.
Instead, he focuses on doctrinal
accuracy, obedience, love,
righteousness, and faith. These are the
enduring marks of a true child of God.
In contrast to modern Charismatic
emphasis on signs and wonders as
evidence of faith, John points believers
to the confession of Christ, righteous
living, and love as the true
demonstrations of spiritual
authenticity. Sign gifts, which some
today promote as necessary evidence of
faith, are notably absent from John's
list of criteria, further affirming that
the Christian life is marked by inner
transformation, not outward displays of
supernatural power.

Conclusion

In conclusion, the biblical evidence
overwhelmingly points to the fact that
sign gifts, such as tongues, healing,
and miracles, served a temporary and
specific purpose in the early church,
primarily to authenticate the gospel and
the ministry of the apostles. By the end
of the apostolic era, these gifts had
fulfilled their purpose and began to
fade out, as evidenced by Paul's later
ministry and the lack of mention of
these gifts in the epistles that
followed 1 Corinthians.

The New Testament consistently
emphasizes that love, obedience,
righteousness, and faith are the true
marks of a believer, rather than
miraculous signs. Even during the early
church, when sign gifts were active,
Paul regulated their use to ensure they
served the purpose of building up the
church, not self-promotion or disorder.
Today, many in the Charismatic movement
place an undue emphasis on sign gifts as
evidence of spiritual vitality, while
overlooking the more important biblical
teachings on love, unity, and edification.

--
Have you heard the good news Christ died
for our sins (†), and God raised Him

That Christ died for our sins shows
we're sinners who deserve the death
penalty. That God raised Him from the
dead shows Christ's death satisfied
God's righteous demands against our sin
(Romans 3:25; 1 John 2:1-2). This means
God can now remain just, while forgiving
you of your sins, and saving you from
eternal damnation.

On the basis of Christ's death and
resurrection for our sins, call on
the name of the Lord to save you:
"For "everyone who calls on the name
of the Lord will be saved."" (Romans
10:13, ESV)

https://christrose.news/salvation
In the Name of Jesus
2024-09-07 20:29:46 UTC
Post by Christ Rose
[...]
recognizing true believers, and none of them involve the performance of
miraculous signs, drinking poison or grabbing venomous snakes without
[...]
You see, up to their eyeballs in their theology, and they never talk
about the surrender of all because they don't know what that is.

This verse came to mind...

Mat_23:23  Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay
tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier
matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have
done, and not to leave the other undone.

Know what is being said?

What is his weightier matter he ignores? You see...

Mat_16:25  For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever
will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

They are too busy up to their eyeballs in "their own sake" and that is
how they view the scriptures.

In the Name of Jesus
--
God is God in all His Being. All the glory is His, for He is all glory.

Jesus is the everlasting Father, Jesus is God, Jesus is the Lord. John
10:30  I and Father are one. If you can't see that the Lord Jesus is the
everlasting Father you are not born again and can't see the Kingdom of God.

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were
YET sinners, Christ died for us.

Jeremiah 10:23 O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it
is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

Psalms 53:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt
are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

Proverbs 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that
hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

"To seek your own will is to seek your own glory."

"If God is not first in everything, He is not first in anything."

"What makes the bible the truth? The resonance (voice, the Person) of
God. When you find Him you have found the author."

"All men were born sinners. Why? Because all men were born not loving
God with all their heart, soul, and mind. An abomination. Therefore,
sin is not what you do; it is what you are."

"Compromise will condemn you."

"There are no sinners in Christ Jesus."

"My sons are born of Me. In them is no darkness at all."

"You can't learn righteousness. Haven't you had enough time already to
know that?"

"The way of truth is the testimony of life."

"I merely speak the truth, what is revealed to me, and the cards fall
where God intends."

"Nothing that is produced is produced without first being faith."

"You can only find proof of God through faith because that is how we all
live, by faith."

"It is not what you do that matters, it is how you treat Me."

"Keep going forward. Forget about the past. Lift up your head, look
ahead."

"You cannot be free and free indeed with guilt in your heart."

"Priority is everything."

"The truth doesn't need evidence, it is evidence."

"There is no greater possession a man has than his own will, to squander
it or to place it where it truly belongs."

"An atheist is a fool who thinks truth is found in living a lie."

"Saying "prove it" [as a foundation] is merely an ignorant straw man, to
an ignorant straw man."

"Wait, rest, be still, and know."

"No man can wash his own hands!!!"

"I find this in the Christianity religions: 'Nobody's perfect' they say,
and they use that as an excuse not to do what is perfect."

"The Atheist: "They don't believe and put their faith in a Creator (the
obvious). So no evidence or proof is to be found."

"The world is the way it is because God can't compromise who He is."

"Man is not the centre of being."

"Man is incompatible with the natural world because of his sinful nature."

"And then the Lord said, "I see everything."

"Man has no greater idol than his own will."

"Where is God hiding? He isn't."

"If you don't keep all the scriptures, you can't keep any of them."

"You can't prove anything because everything depends on a person's
willingness to believe."

"Atheists are ultimately trying to be pointlessness, meaninglessness,
and purposelessness in their point, meaning, and purpose."

"The last day of creation will be the last day of time. God is always
full of hope."

"The veil of the temple was rent in twain, not to have a book pass
through it so that a sinner could play God."

"A phylactery does not a heart for God make. Not back then, and not today."

"No one in heaven is better (or higher) than what makes it heaven. Such
is the love of God."

"The definition of an atheist: a man full of bluster and bullshit in his
meaninglessness pretending he is the meaning of life."

"Free will is not power; it is the choice that I allow; that choice is
still according to my power," says the Lord.

"What does a fool do? A fool looks for a "nothing" in a "something" in
order to explain the existence of existence."

"Unless you do all because He is who He is, all your religion is in vain."

"Every man is subject to God; He judges every man, and He is reality.
 What a gift in a fallen world!"

"Love MUST be a choice or it is nothing but a law!"

"Why were all men born sinners? So that God could reveal Himself, so
that we would behold the glory of God, and that we should bring forth
the glory of God"

"God does not and will not arbitrate for any man to love Him! If God
isn't everything to you, He is nothing to you where the rubber meets the
road."

"It is the unforgivable sin not to love God with all your heart, soul,
and mind. What do you have that is lasting? It is not so much being
punished; it is what you are left with."

"Love isn't worth anything without first a free will choice for God to
birth it in a man."

"The point of salvation: desperation. Anything less than that is
self-righteousness."

"A sinner is not a believer in God; a sinner is a believer in sin."

"A piece of dirt is not the promised land; that is only a reflection.
The promised land is knowing Me, says the Lord."

"It is all about God or it is all about idolatry."

"The Lord Jesus is coming soon. He has always come soon."

"There is no revolving door of self-worship in a son of God's life!"

"There is no such thing as random!"

"You can't truly love without it being with all your heart."

"No one can see God without their whole heart. Unless you can see God,
you know nothing."

"You can't learn God, God has to reveal Himself to you."

"No sinner is sinless in any way."

"Only God is life; only the Kingdom of God of His "Nature" is life."

"What you believe is just a leaning on your own understanding; faith is
a leaning on the one you have chosen to trust."

"God uses the "letter" to crucify a man and raise him from the dead."

"Not fearing God is sheer stupidity for sinners."

"Self-righteousness is any exclusion of God in your heart, because any
exclusion reveals that you think more about yourself than what you
really are."

"Atheism: "The claim that life received from itself."

"But remember this: always, absolutely always, all the glory is the
Lord's and His alone, and anyone who takes any credit for anything, you
know, instantly, he is not what he pretends to be and is a false prophet."

"That light had to bear (bears all things) the darkness for us, but that
light did not ever become darkness."

"You must reach beyond the bible that tells you about Him, and into your
daily life to find Him in Person. He's there."

"What is wrong with Christendom? False understanding based on compromise."

"It is not in man to love his enemies. And if he tries, he is walking in
a lie and trying to raise himself up to the level of God."
Robert
2024-09-07 22:50:25 UTC
On Sep 7, 2024, Christ Rose wrote
“But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you,
he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies
by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not
to the flesh, to live after the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh, ye
shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye
shall live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of
God. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye
have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The
Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of
God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ;
if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.”
(Rom 8:11-17, KJV)

Note V16 “The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are
the children of God:” (Rom 8:16, KJV) And more than once this same spirit
has witnessed to me of others as well.

Note V17 While part of this topic it also clarifies another, that being that
Jesus is not the Father. “And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and
joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be
also glorified together.” (Rom 8:17, KJV)

We are joint heirs with Jesus, not with the Father.

“If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he
that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he
hath not seen?” (1Jn 4:20, KJV)

Yes, actions/deeds speak louder than words and their lack of shame magnifies
it.

What did signs confirm? “And they went forth, and preached every where, the
Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following.
Amen.” (Mrk 16:20, KJV)

Beware those that create other doctrines, dogmas, repeating their mantras
without shame, never confirming their words with contextual truths of the
word of God. God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. The doctrines of
man change daily which is why there is so much confusion in the various
religious fractions.

To day we have churches yet the family of God were all part of the ekklesia,
united, just like the Apostles and Prophets of God, through whom God spoke
and still speaks.
Post by Christ Rose
Sign gifts are not even mentioned in
John's explanation of how to test the
spirits. Instead, John provides a
comprehensive set of criteria in his
epistle for recognizing true believers,
which centers on doctrinal confession,
obedience, righteousness, and love, not
miraculous signs (1 John 4:1-3, ESV; 1
John 3:10, ESV).
Here is an example of that, test the spirits? What spirits and for what
purpose?

“Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of
God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.” (1Jn 4:1,
KJV)

“In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil:
whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not
his brother.” (1Jn 3:10, KJV)

He who claims to be part of the brotherhood of Jesus, yet loves them not? And
their actions support that verse, then why do they not feel condemned in
their heart? Why the blatant disregard for the first new commandment of
Christ? Especially when they go by His name?

“For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and
wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect. But take ye heed:
behold, I have foretold you all things.” (Mrk 13:22-23, KJV)

May those people repent of their evil ways, and turn from their reprobate
ways, and seek God through prayer and not AI.