Gentiles Exist to Serve Jews!
Pastor Dave
2011-02-21 02:15:40 UTC
I quoted the following directly from the source listed below.
So why don't Futurists question why they worship Jews the
way that they do? The truth is, many Jews feel this way
about Gentiles!

From: THE JERUSALEM POST

"Israel's best selling English daily
and most read English web site."

Yosef: Gentiles exist only to serve Jews,
by Jonah Mandel

According to Rabbi, the lives of non-Jews in Israel
are safeguarded by divinity, to prevent losses to Jews.

The sole purpose of non-Jews is to serve Jews, according
to Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, the head of Shas’s Council of Torah
Sages and a senior Sephardi adjudicator.

“Goyim were born only to serve us. Without that, they have
no place in the world – only to serve the People of Israel.”

...he said in his weekly Saturday night sermon on the laws
regarding the actions non-Jews are permitted to perform
on Shabbat.

According to Yosef, the lives of non-Jews in Israel are
safeguarded by divinity, to prevent losses to Jews.

“In Israel, death has no dominion over them... With gentiles,
it will be like any person – they need to die, but [God] will
give them longevity. Why? Imagine that one’s donkey would
die, they’d lose their money. This is his servant... That’s why
he gets a long life, to work well for this Jew.”, Yosef said.

“Why are gentiles needed? They will work, they will plow,
they will reap. We will sit like an effendi and eat. That is
why gentiles were created.”, he added.

Yosef’s Saturday night sermons have seen many controversial
statements from the 90-year-old rabbi. In August, Yosef caused
a diplomatic uproar when he wished a plague upon the Palestinian
people and their leaders, a curse he retracted a few weeks later,
when he blessed them along with all of Israel’s other peace
seeking neighbors.

http://www.jpost.com/JewishWorld/JewishNews/Article.aspx?id=191782
--
Pastor Dave

The best Bible software: http://www.theword.net/ is free!

"Biologists are not the only scientists who, having made
extravagant claims about their merchandise, deliver the
goods in bite-sized packages. Nor are they the only
manufacturers of knowledge who cannot be bothered to
pick up a return package when the product turns out
to be faulty. Sagan's own branch of science is in
the same business. Anxious to revive a failing public
interest in spending large amounts on space research,
NASA scientists, followed by the President of the United
States, made an immense fuss about the discovery
of some organic molecules on a Mars rock. There is
(was) life (of some rudimentary kind) on Mars (maybe)!
Can little green men in space machines be far behind?
If it turns out, as already suggested by some scientists,
that these molecules are earthly contaminants, or were
produced in non-living chemical systems, this fact surely
will not be announced at a White House press conference,
or even above the fold in The New York Times."
- Richard Lewontin
Ike E 2/1/11
From: THE JERUSALEM POST
"Israel's best selling English daily
and most read English web site."
Yosef: Gentiles exist only to serve Jews,
by Jonah Mandel
Actually, that's technically correct...or, at least, it was until Jesus took
the horizontal relationship between the Jews and Gentiles and turned it
vertical.

Even Jesus had to observe the master/slave relationship between the
Israelites as the "children of God" and the Gentiles as the "brute beasts"
of burden, as when He referred to the Gentile woman as a "dog" who had no
part in the "meat" of the Lord's table.

Too bad no one has told the Rabbi what Jesus has done.

But he is still quite correct in his assertions about the relationship that
USED to exist; his error is thinking that it still exists.

Ike
--
********

Which of the following is the correct way to read Bible prophecy?

A. Immediacy
B. Historicism
C. Dispensationalism
D. Preterism (Full or Partial)
E. Idealism
F. Realized/Sapiential Eschatology
G. All of the above
H. None of the above

Based on an examination of how (not just what) Jesus and the prophets
prophesied, "The Triune Hypothesis" is a guide to reading the Bible
prophetically in all three dimensions of interpretation-the horizontal axis
in time (what was, is, and/or is to come), the perpendicular axis in
application (literal, figurative, and/or spiritual), and the vertical axis
in context (thesis, generality, and/or antithesis).

Topics of discussion include the resurrections, the triune "Last Days," the
Pentecosts, the one-baptism-in-three-parts, the triple application of the
Elijah prophecies, the Temples in Jerusalem, the Abominations of Desolation,
the Triune Israel, the devolution of prophecy, and much more.

Kindle Version:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Triune-Hypothesis-ebook/dp/B0049P231G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=books&qid=1289971036&sr=1-1

Print Version:

http://www.amazon.com/Triune-Hypothesis-Mr-Eickleberry-Jr/dp/1456322087/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1290113159&sr=8-3

Facebook: (discussions enabled)

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/The-Triune-Hypothesis/102657386473773

Web: (filtered blog comments enabled)

http://thetriunist.weebly.com/index.html
Timothy Sutter
2011-02-21 12:50:06 UTC
"Pastor Dave" wrote in message
Post by Pastor Dave
Yosef: Gentiles exist only to serve Jews,
by Jonah Mandel
Actually, that's technically correct...
but you'd be somewhat hardpressed to convince

someone like, say, Barabbas that the Roman military

accupation force was a beast of burden

for the jews of his day.

probably could say the same for the

Babylonians Persians and Greeks...

certainly not teh Egyptians, in whose land

the Israelites -were- the beast of burden...
Timothy Sutter
2011-02-21 13:20:47 UTC
Post by Timothy Sutter
Post by Ike E 2/1/11
Post by Pastor Dave
Yosef: Gentiles exist only to serve Jews,
by Jonah Mandel
Actually, that's technically correct...
but you'd be somewhat hardpressed to convince
someone like, say, Barabbas that the Roman military
accupation force was a beast of burden
for the jews of his day.
probably could say the same for the
Babylonians Persians and Greeks...
certainly not teh Egyptians, in whose land
the Israelites -were- the beast of burden...
---
Exodus 22:21
"You shall neither mistreat a stranger nor
oppress him, for you were strangers in
the land of Egypt.
---
Exodus 23:9
"Also you shall not oppress a stranger,
for you know the heart of a stranger,
because you were strangers in
the land of Egypt.
---
Deuteronomy 24:14
"You shall not oppress a hired servant who is
poor and needy, whether one of your brethren
or one of the strangers who is in your
land within your gates."
---
Leviticus 19:34
The stranger who dwells among you shall be to you
as one born among you, and you shall love him as
yourself; for you were strangers in the land of Egypt:
I am YHWH your God.
---
Exodus 12:48
"An alien living among you who wants to celebrate
YHWH's Passover must have all the males in his
household circumcised; then he may take part
like one born in the land. No uncircumcised
male may eat of it.
---

technically, i'd say that YHWH discourages "opressing" strangers
and, quite the contrary, encourages treating strangers as one of
the natives of the land even going so far as encvouraging the
allowance of taking tha passover and becoming
...not even strangers anymore...

but, perhaps this sort of niceness gets lost

in the dehumanizing processes of cynical pragmatism...
Pastor Dave
2011-02-21 15:49:22 UTC
Post by Timothy Sutter
Post by Timothy Sutter
Post by Ike E 2/1/11
Post by Pastor Dave
[...]
And unfortunately, in the belief system of most Futurists.

Seriously, have a preacher stand up and preach that
just for a test and tell the people about how the Jews
are God's people and we should be supporting them
and so, it is our place to serve the Jews and when he
gets to the "Gentiles are basically donkeys/dogs" claim,
he can say that gee, in comparison to our place with
God, when compared to theirs and because we are
here to serve them, in essence, we are but donkeys,
or dogs in comparison and in Gods eyes, because
after all, it's all about the Jews, right?

And I guarantee you that people will be sitting out
there, nodding (yes) away and you'll hear, "Um hmm"
repeatedly from them!

This proves that:

1) They simply do not know their Bibles,
or just do not care what it says.

2) They are steeped in their Futurism,
especially into Dispensationalism.

3) Futurists have no problem dismissing
what the Bible says, if it will promote
their "It's all about today!" doctrine.

"Do not lie to one another, having put off the
old man with his practices and having put on
the new, having been renewed in full knowledge
according to the image of the One creating him,
where there is no Greek and Jew, circumcision
and uncircumcision, foreigner, Scythian, slave
or freeman, but Christ is all things and in all."
- Colossians 3:9-11

But hey, what's a little Scripture being in the way,
when you have a doctrine to uphold! :)

What can you expect from people who believe that
they're going to fly up into the air? :)
--
Pastor Dave

The best Bible software: http://www.theword.net/ is free!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz.
Ike E 2/1/11
2011-02-23 09:48:43 UTC
"Pastor Dave" <*newsgroup-mail*@*tampabay.rr.com*> wrote in message news:***@4ax.com...

<snippeth>
Post by Pastor Dave
Seriously, have a preacher stand up and preach that
just for a test and tell the people about how the Jews
are God's people and we should be supporting them
and so, it is our place to serve the Jews and when he
gets to the "Gentiles are basically donkeys/dogs" claim,
he can say that gee, in comparison to our place with
God, when compared to theirs and because we are
here to serve them, in essence, we are but donkeys,
or dogs in comparison and in Gods eyes, because
after all, it's all about the Jews, right?
It WAS "just the Jews"...until Jesus took the horizontal relationship and
turned it vertical.

But, of course, you'll even call Jesus a liar when He says you don't know
anything about the Bible...

Mt 15:22-28

And, behold, a woman of Canaan [a Gentile woman] came out of the same
coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of
David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
But [Jesus] answered her not a word.
And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she
crieth after us.
But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the
house of Israel.
Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread,
and to cast it to dogs.
And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall
from their masters' table.
Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be
it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that
very hour.

Until the Jews rejected Jesus, Jesus had to respect the conventions of
creation and the law, and under those conventions THE GENTILES WERE NOTHING
BUT NATURAL, BRUTE BEASTS OF BURDEN, just like any barnyard animal.

Then He turned everything on its head.

So the Rabbi, who is still going by the Old Testament, is half right; too
bad He doesn't know what Jesus has done.

And none of this changes the fact that God still regards unrepentant,
unbelieving Gentiles (as well as false "Israelites") as "beasts," which is
why the convention still holds up in the book of Revelation.

Let me know when you figure out that you don't know anything about the
Bible.

Ike
Ike E 2/1/11
2011-02-24 05:03:32 UTC
Post by Timothy Sutter
Post by Timothy Sutter
Post by Ike E 2/1/11
Post by Pastor Dave
Yosef: Gentiles exist only to serve Jews,
by Jonah Mandel
Actually, that's technically correct...
but you'd be somewhat hardpressed to convince
someone like, say, Barabbas that the Roman military
accupation force was a beast of burden
for the jews of his day.
probably could say the same for the
Babylonians Persians and Greeks...
certainly not teh Egyptians, in whose land
the Israelites -were- the beast of burden...
---
Exodus 22:21
"You shall neither mistreat a stranger nor
oppress him, for you were strangers in
the land of Egypt.
This is about someone sojourning in Israel (especially those who were going
to worship the God of Israel, like the eunuch of Candice), as are the rest
of your citations, and not relevant to the subject.

This is relevant to the point...

Ex 21:2 If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the
seventh he shall go out free for nothing.

But no such release existed for the Gentile servants.

[snippeth]

Ike
Terry Cross
2011-02-24 07:23:16 UTC
Post by Ike E 2/1/11
Post by Timothy Sutter
Post by Timothy Sutter
Post by Ike E 2/1/11
Post by Pastor Dave
[...]
Some people worship the Jewish god, while others worship the Jews. If
Ike were in Israel now, he'd never get up off his knees.

TCross
Timothy Sutter
2011-02-24 09:49:29 UTC
Post by Ike E 2/1/11
Post by Timothy Sutter
Post by Timothy Sutter
Post by Ike E 2/1/11
Post by Pastor Dave
Yosef: Gentiles exist only to serve Jews,
by Jonah Mandel
Actually, that's technically correct...
but you'd be somewhat hardpressed to convince
someone like, say, Barabbas that the Roman military
accupation force was a beast of burden
for the jews of his day.
probably could say the same for the
Babylonians Persians and Greeks...
certainly not teh Egyptians, in whose land
the Israelites -were- the beast of burden...
---
Exodus 22:21
"You shall neither mistreat a stranger nor
oppress him, for you were strangers in
the land of Egypt.
This is about someone sojourning in Israel (especially those who were going
to worship the God of Israel, like the eunuch of Candice), as are the rest
of your citations, and not relevant to the subject.
it's quite relevant;

==
Leviticus 19:34
The stranger who dwells among you shall be to you
as one born among you, and you shall love him as
yourself; for you were strangers in the land of Egypt:
I am YHWH your God.
==

this does not describe a stranger simply passing through
town but one who actually lives there just as the
Israelites lived in Egypt.

==
Deuteronomy 24:14
"You shall not oppress a hired servant who is
poor and needy, whether one of your brethren
or one of the aliens who is in your
land within your gates."
==
Post by Ike E 2/1/11
This is relevant to the point...
and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing.
But no such release existed for the Gentile servants.
what's relevant is that Israel was not
to be a slave holding people at all, and
the people were obviously not running off
and -taking- people from the nations in
to become slaves as not several hundred
years after the Exodus, in the time
of Jeremiah, the Israelites were
slaving their =own= people.

==
Jeremiah 34:8-11
This is the word that came to Jeremiah from YHWH,
after King Zedekiah had made a covenant with all
the people who were at Jerusalem to proclaim liberty
to them: that every man should set free his male
and female slave--a Hebrew man or woman--that no one
should keep a Jewish brother in bondage. Now when
all the princes and all the people, who had entered
into the covenant, heard that everyone should set free
his male and female slaves, that no one should keep
them in bondage anymore, they obeyed and let them go.
But afterward they changed their minds and made
the male and female slaves return, whom they had
set free, and brought them into subjection as
male and female slaves.

12-14
Therefore the word of YHWH came to Jeremiah from YHWH,
saying, "Thus says YHWH, the God of Israel: "I made a
covenant with your fathers in the day that I brought
them out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage,
saying, "At the end of seven years let every man set free
his Hebrew brother, who has been sold to him; and when
he has served you six years, you shall let him go free
from you." But your fathers did not obey Me nor incline
their ear.

15-16
Then you recently turned and did what was right in My sight
--every man proclaiming liberty to his neighbor; and you made
a covenant before Me in the house which is called by My name.
Then you turned around and profaned My name, and every one
of you brought back his male and female slaves, whom he had
set at liberty, at their pleasure, and brought them back into
subjection, to be your male and female slaves.'

17
"Therefore thus says YHWH: "You have not obeyed Me in
proclaiming liberty, every one to his brother and every
one to his neighbor. Behold, I proclaim liberty to you,'
says YHWH
==

"you have not obeyed me in proclaiming Liberty"

-that's- what YHWH says.

"behold, I proclaim Liberty to you"

-that's what YHWH says.

and here, you don't see YHWH saying;

"ay, i told you to go get =gentiles= to be your slaves"

and like i said somewhere else;

and, there was nothing preventing
an 'alien' in the land from
entering into Israel.

==
Exodus 12:48
"An alien living among you who wants to celebrate
YHWH's Passover must have all the males in his
household circumcised; then he may take part
like one born in the land. No uncircumcised
male may eat of it.
==

and so, if an alien, who had been purchased -as- a slave
wanted to 'convert' he was immediately no longer an alien,
and not to be treated as a 'slave' by Israelites.

seeing that people of Israel were not
to enslave each other, but could purchase
people from the outlying 'nations'

=ideally=, they -could- have purchased a people's
-freedom- inasmuch as they -could- have redeemed
people from foreign lands, brought them into
their homes, and made them accustomed to the
dignity offered up under the law, and when
that people -asked- to take and eat the Passover,
they could become full members in Israel.

somehow you seem to be missing

the entire "I proclaim Liberty" bit.

look at this;

===
Jeremiah 2:8
The priests did not say, "Where is YHWH?' And those
who handle the law did not know Me; The rulers also
transgressed against Me; The prophets prophesied
by Baal, And walked after things that do not profit.
=
Jeremiah 2:23
"How can you say, "I am not polluted, I have not
gone after the Baals'? See your way in the valley;
Know what you have done: You are a swift dromedary
breaking loose in her ways,
=
Jeremiah 9:14
but they have walked according to the dictates
of their own hearts and after the Baals, which
their fathers taught them,"
=
[speaking of the neighboring nations]
Jeremiah 12:16
And it shall be, if they will learn carefully
the ways of My people, to swear by My name,
"As YHWH lives,' as they taught My people
to swear by Baal, then they shall be
established in the midst of My people.
=
Jeremiah 23:13
"And I have seen folly in the prophets
of Samaria: They prophesied by Baal And
caused My people Israel to err.
=
Jeremiah 23:27
who try to make My people forget My name
by their dreams which everyone tells his
neighbor, as their fathers forgot
My name for Baal.
-----

look, YHWH is chastizing the people thru Jeremiah
for abandoning YHWH for ...BAAL, -and- he faults
them for -not- proclaiming personal Liberty and
freedom and enslaving their own brothers
-against- the issuance of statements thru Moses.

this inferrence is not even
a hop much less a grand leap.

YHWH says;

'proclaim liberty'

the people -err- and enslave their own brothers,

and YHWH says,

"you have wandered off in error after BAAL'

therefore, not -only- do we -see- YHWH
proclaiming Liberty if preferrence to slavery,

but we see YHWH saying that BAAL was
the error into which the people had fallen.

-therefore-

we can now trace back all referrence to BAAL
as a definite indication as to the source
of the Slavery which is opposed to YHWH's
proclamation of Liberty.

-and- therefore,

see YHWH's severe antagonism against
BAAL as a condemnation of Slavery,
in no uncertain terms.

YHWH didn't change.

YHWH proclaims Liberty.

what we may also infer is that YHWH
gives -time- to remedy a situation,
but if that situation is not remedied,

YHWH is right there to set you back a step.

and also, as you see right here;

=
[speaking of the =neighboring= nations i.e. =gentiles=]
Jeremiah 12:14-18
14 Thus says YHWH: “Against all My evil neighbors who
touch the inheritance which I have caused My people
Israel to inherit—behold, I will pluck them out of
their land and pluck out the house of Judah from
among them. Then it shall be, after I have plucked
them out, that I will return and have compassion on
them and bring them back, everyone to his heritage
and everyone to his land. And it shall be, if they
will learn carefully the ways of My people, to
swear by My name, ‘As YHWH lives,’ as they
taught My people to swear by Baal, then they shall
be established in the midst of My people. But if
they do not obey, I will utterly pluck up
and destroy that nation,” says YHWH.
=

needless to say, this does -not- imply some
sort of topsy turvy dynamic where Israel
-enslaves- these nations [gentiles]

but, just as i said, -if- these peoples will -learn-

to do what? to proclaim Liberty and -not-
swear by BaaL which -is- a slaver,

then, they will be acccepted...

and so, to encourage Israel or "the jews" to -become-
slavers is just so out of character with the very
Spirit of YHWH, that it ...boggles the mind that
anyone who would claim to be guided -by- that Spirit
could let such verbage pass their lips.

-that- is speaking and teaching the ways -of- BAAL

and -not- the Way of YHWH.
Timothy Sutter
2011-02-24 11:59:11 UTC
Post by Ike E 2/1/11
Post by Pastor Dave
Yosef: Gentiles exist only to serve Jews,
by Jonah Mandel
Actually, that's technically correct...
for the very abbreviated version,

if you don't feel like sifting through all
the rest of that, just reply to this;

you say that the gentiles =exist= to serve "jews"
and so, one can only surmise that you are suggesting that
"non-christians" =exist= to be slaves to christians.

don't let me put words in your mouth
is this what you suggest?

if this is what you are suggesting
i'm just not getting that,

but, if you suggest;

"oh, no, of course not, christians are not
to view non-christians as meat for slavery"

=then= your entire contention that 'jews'
-should- view things in this manner
is wholly unfounded.

==
Matthew 20:25-28

“You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them,
and those who are great exercise authority over them. Yet it
shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great
among you, let him be your attendant. And whoever desires to be
first among you, let him be your servant just as the Son of Man
did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life
a ransom for many.”
==

and nowhere do i see Jesus even implying;

"now go out and make slaves of all men"

quite the contrary;

=
Matthew 28:19
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father and of
the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
==

so, do you say that -christians- should go out

and make slaves of all men?

and if -not- how can you say that "jews"
would be "technically correct" to believe
such a notion?
Ike E 2/1/11
2011-02-24 18:07:53 UTC
Post by Timothy Sutter
Post by Ike E 2/1/11
Post by Timothy Sutter
Post by Timothy Sutter
Post by Ike E 2/1/11
Post by Pastor Dave
[...]
No, you just wish it was.

When God told Peter to preach the Gospel to the Gentiles, God used the
symbols "cattle," "creeping things," "beasts of the earth," and "fowls of
the air" to designate them.

Why?

Because that's what they are to God.

When Jesus refused to recognize the Gentile woman, He called her a "dog."

Why?

Because THAT'S what the Gentiles are if they don't come to the foot of the
cross.

In fact, this is the prophetic relationship as declared by God's prophets...

Isa 60:9-12

Surely the isles shall wait for me, and the ships of Tarshish first, to
bring thy sons from far, their silver and their gold with them, unto the
name of the LORD thy God, and to the Holy One of Israel, because he hath
glorified thee.
And the sons of strangers shall build up thy walls, and their kings
shall minister unto thee: for in my wrath I smote thee, but in my favour
have I had mercy on thee.
Therefore thy gates shall be open continually; they shall not be shut
day nor night; that men may bring unto thee the forces of the Gentiles, and
that their kings may be brought.
For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea,
those nations shall be utterly wasted.

ISRAEL is to be the master; the nations are to the servants.

(Then Jesus came along and redefined what is and is not "Israel.)

[snip]
Post by Timothy Sutter
what's relevant...
What's relevant is what I just TOLD you is relevant; there was NO RELEASE
for Gentile slaves; only Hebrew ones; and the relationship that God declares
is that Israel is the "master," and the nations are the "servants." But
every time Israel pissed off God, God turned them over to the slaves, whom
He made their masters.
Post by Timothy Sutter
is that Israel was not
to be a slave holding people at all,
THERE IS NO SUCH STATEMENT ANYWHERE IN THE BIBLE!

JESUS EVEN RELIED on the "master/servant" relationship in His parables.

What? Are you daft?

"Whoever would be great among you, he must be your servant; and whoever
would be first among you, he must be slave of all."

[snip the rest of the distortions of the scriptural story]

The Rabbi had it exactly right, but for one thing--he doesn't know Jesus,
and how Jesus took the horizontal relationship and turned it sideways, and
now "Israel" are those who believe, and the "Gentiles" are those who do not.

You don't have the foggiest notion what the Bible says, or what prophecy is
about, or what two great forces are at work in the story.

Take up knitting or something; you suck at Bible theology.

Ike
Timothy Sutter
2011-02-24 19:45:26 UTC
Post by Ike E 2/1/11
Post by Timothy Sutter
Post by Ike E 2/1/11
Post by Timothy Sutter
Post by Timothy Sutter
Post by Ike E 2/1/11
Post by Pastor Dave
[...]
it's not a matter of my wishes or wants,
it's a matter of what is stated;

==
Leviticus 19:34
The stranger who dwells among you shall be to you
as one born among you, and you shall love him as
yourself; for you were strangers in the land of Egypt:
I am YHWH your God.
==

this is relevant to the idea of slavery in Israel.

this does nto suggest that all people are
to be viewed as potential slaves for Israel.
Post by Ike E 2/1/11
When God told Peter to preach the Gospel to the Gentiles, God used the
symbols "cattle," "creeping things," "beasts of the earth," and "fowls of
the air" to designate them.
he also said "take and eat" as these creatures
on the mat were "unclean" creatures.

certainly Jesus was not telling Peter to eat people,

but was -merely- pointing out how a person like Cornelius,
who was of the Italian cohort and a "gentile" was now
=approved= to be grafted in to the seed of Abraham,

as was -already- _promised_ for all nations.
Post by Ike E 2/1/11
Why?
Because that's what they are to God.
not quite, the gentile people are always people,
just not "kosher" and =like= unkosher -foods- had
been made "clean" through Jesus shed blood and
the =wall= that separated the two,
jew and greek [etc], was torn down.

there -was- a "wall of separation"
between jew and greek but -not- an
indication that jews were human and
greeks were -not- human.
Post by Ike E 2/1/11
When Jesus refused to recognize the Gentile woman,
He called her a "dog."
Jesus spoke in -figures- quite a bit.
but you still keep evading the fact that
he referred to Israel as =sheep= as did
Torah and Tanak.

and so, if, according to you, being =likened=
to an animal makes you an animal, then,
Israel is a sheep.

and also, as Isaiah 56 so clearly shows,
==
Isaiah 56

8 The Lord GOD, who gathers
the outcasts of Israel, says, <----
<..>
10 His watchmen are blind,
They are all ignorant;
They are all dumb dogs, <---[HIS Watchmen, i.e. Israelites
They cannot bark; and or Judaites "jews"]
Sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber.
11 Yes, they are greedy dogs
Which never have enough.
And they are shepherds
Who cannot understand;
===

Isaiah has YHWH calling the =watchmen= of Israel "dogs"
and so, if -that- is your criterion for being "sub-human"
then, once again, Israel is shown to be "sub-human"

but some poeople recognize that not only Jesus,
but YHWH speaks in figures and likenesses at times.
Post by Ike E 2/1/11
Why?
Because THAT'S what the Gentiles are if
they don't come to the foot of the cross.
gentiles are still people, human people,
whether they come to the foot of the cross or not,
other wise they would not be -able- to come to the
foot of any cross because Salvation is not -for-
dogs and cats and cows and pigs and sheep
and elephants, but for =man=,

and so, to suggest that a person, who -can- be saved
by Jesus/YHWH is -actually- really and truly -not- a
person at all, but a dog or a cat or an elephant or a mouse

would say that salvation would be impossible -for- the gentiles.

and yet, we see the Peter is "astonished" in that
Cornelius receives the gift of the Holy Spirit as
perhaps, some of -them- the original Apostles
were not -expecting- that the gift of the
Holy Spirit -would- fall on the gentiles,

but -not- because he viewed them as non-human
but because they were not part of the
commonwealth of Israel.
Post by Ike E 2/1/11
[...]
and, -how- does one =serve= God?

why, you answer that in a few sentences;
Post by Ike E 2/1/11
"Whoever would be great among you, he must be your servant;
and whoever would be first among you, he must be slave of all."
but, again, take a look at 56;

====
Isaiah 56

1 Thus says YHWH:

“Keep justice, and do righteousness,
For My salvation is about to come,
And My righteousness to be revealed.
2 Blessed is the man who does this,
And the son of man who lays hold on it;
Who keeps from defiling the Sabbath,
And keeps his hand from doing any evil.”
3 Do not let the son of the foreigner <---
Who has joined himself to YHWH
Speak, saying,

“YHWH has utterly separated me from His people”;
Nor let the eunuch say,

“Here I am, a dry tree.”
4 For thus says YHWH:

“To the eunuchs who keep My Sabbaths,
And choose what pleases Me,
And hold fast My covenant,
5 Even to them I will give in My house
And within My walls a place and a name
Better than that of sons and daughters;
I will give them an everlasting name
That shall not be cut off.
6 “ Also the sons of the foreigner <---
Who join themselves to YHWH, to serve Him,
And to love the name of YHWH, to be His servants—
Everyone who keeps from defiling the Sabbath,
And holds fast My covenant—
7 Even them I will bring to My holy mountain,
And make them joyful in My house of prayer.
Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices
Will be accepted on My altar;
For My house shall be called a house
of prayer for all nations.” <---
===

this is -not- relegating "gentiles'
to enternal and perpetual slavery.
quite the contrary.
Post by Ike E 2/1/11
(Then Jesus came along and redefined what is and is not "Israel.)
no he did not, he tore down the separating wall;

===
Ephesians 2:13-15
13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far <---gentiles
off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

14 For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one,
and has broken down the middle wall of separation,
15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is,
the law of commandments contained in ordinances,
so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, <---
thus making peace,
===

one new man from the -two-

=not= "one new man from a race of dogs
and a race of human beings."

and the "gentiles" being a "wild olve"
are =grafted= in to the cultivated olive "Abrahamic"

==
Romans 11

16 For if the firstfruit is holy, the lump is also holy;
and if the root is holy, so are the branches. 17 And if
some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a
wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with
them became a partaker of the root and fatness of the
olive tree, 18 do not boast against the branches. But
if you do boast, remember that you do not support the
root, but the root supports you. 19 You will say then,
“Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in.
” 20 Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off,
and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear.
21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you
either. 22 Therefore consider the goodness
and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but
toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness.
Otherwise you also will be cut off. 23 And they also,
if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted
in, for God is able to graft them in again. 24 For
if you were cut out of the olive tree which is wild
by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into
a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these,
who are natural branches, be grafted into their
own olive tree?
==

this does not suggest that the "gentiles" are non-human...

and further, the "gentiles" were "people"

but just merely not part of Israel;

==
Ephesians 2:11-13

11 Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles
in the flesh—who are called Uncircumcision by
what is called the Circumcision made in the
flesh by hands— 12 that at that time you were
without Christ, being aliens from the
commonwealth of Israel and strangers from
the covenants of promise, having no hope
and without God in the world. 13 But now
in Christ Jesus you who once were far
off have been brought near by
the blood of Christ.
===

see, the circumcised called the gentiles "uncircumcised"

=not= "sub-human" nor "inhuman" nor "non-human"

if anything, -that- is a 'teaching'
of the darkened mind of man that there
-could- be such a thing as a "natural slave"

and -that- is "Aristotle"

-not- Moses.
Post by Ike E 2/1/11
[snip]
Post by Timothy Sutter
what's relevant...
What's relevant is what I just TOLD you is relevant; there was NO RELEASE
for Gentile slaves; only Hebrew ones; and the relationship that God declares
is that Israel is the "master," and the nations are the "servants." But
every time Israel pissed off God, God turned them over to the slaves, whom
He made their masters.
and they "pissed off God" by =keeping= slaves

when the promises of -blessing- were such that
such an abundancvce from teh storehouses of God
would fall down that there would be no -need-
for any kind of slavery.

===
Deuteronomy 8

17 then you say in your heart, ‘My power and the might
of my hand have gained me this wealth.’ 18 “And you shall
remember YHWH your God, for it is He who gives you power
to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which
He swore to your fathers, as it is this day...
===

the ancient world =approved= of slavery
it was common practice, whereby some few, the "BAALS",
were made 'wealthy' on the backs of the many.

only not nearly as wealthy as if
God had poured out the storehouse.

YHWH did not approve of slavery
as a means to securing wealth.

YHWH was the source of their wealth the wealth.

YHWH would bless them with teh power to get wealth,

how?

by pouring out the rain on the
favored land that bore the Name

and -not- by forcing other people to do your work for you.

===
Deuteronomy 16:15
Seven days you shall keep a sacred feast to YHWH your God
in the place which YHWH chooses, because YHWH your God will
bless you in all your produce and in all
the work of your hands, so that you surely rejoice.
=
Deuteronomy 24:19
“When you reap your harvest in your field, and forget
a sheaf in the field, you shall not go back to get it;
it shall be for the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow,
that YHWH your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.
===

the work of -your- hands...
Post by Ike E 2/1/11
Post by Timothy Sutter
is that Israel was not
to be a slave holding people at all,
THERE IS NO SUCH STATEMENT ANYWHERE IN THE BIBLE!
YHWH is proclaimimg _LIBERTY_

==

Post by Ike E 2/1/11
JESUS EVEN RELIED on the "master/servant" relationship in His parables.
What? Are you daft?
"Whoever would be great among you, he must be your servant; and whoever
would be first among you, he must be slave of all."
maybe it's of some concern precisely how this is stated

this does not say,

"whoever would be great among you would hold
the most slaves and lord it over them"

which is what you imply when you suggest
that "gentiles =exist= to serve jews"

in fact, Jesus makes it very plain;

==
Matthew 20:25-28

“You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them,
and those who are great exercise authority over them. Yet it
shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great
among you, let him be your attendant. And whoever desires to be
first among you, let him be your servant just as the Son of Man
did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life
a ransom for many.”
==

i.e. "=don't= do like that, do like this"

"don't lord it over people and exercise authority
over each other as the slavers among the gentiles -do-"

time after time they get brought -back- to "Egypt"
to get a quick refresher course in hos much they
do not like slavery

and so, "do unto others as you would have
them do unto you" is explicittly saying;

"you don't like being a slave do you?
well, don't -do- that to others"

===
Deuteronomy 28:68
“And YHWH will take you back to Egypt in ships,
by the way of which I said to you, ‘You shall never
see it again.’ And there you shall be offered for
sale to your enemies as male and female slaves,
but no one will buy you.”
===

now, ask yourself;

if YHWH was going to keep on returning
the people to Egypt or enslavement as a
=punishment= for walkimng contrary
to YHWH's desires and statutes,

doesn't it make a modicum of sense that
one thing that YHWH does -not- like
-is- slavery?

YHWH is not saying;

"Israel, you just aren't getting it right,
so, i have to send you back to Egyptian
bondage so you can learn how to slave
other people the =right= way"

quite the contrary, YHWH keeps on
feeding them a dose -of- slavery

to =remind= them how much of
a detestable thing it is.
Post by Ike E 2/1/11
The Rabbi had it exactly right, but for one thing--he doesn't know Jesus,
and how Jesus took the horizontal relationship and turned it sideways, and
now "Israel" are those who believe, and the "Gentiles" are those who do not.
so, now, back to this;

[...]

anywy, the angle that you should play up is that
-if- Israel would walk in harmony with the Living God,
they would not -need "slaves" because God would open up
the storehouse of 'heaven' and pour out such blessings
that even those who -would- be servants would be blessed
as well over and above all that -they- could want or desire.

i mean, the Ancients =approved= of slavery
slavery was a common practice among all people

for instance;

---
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_slavery#cite_note-11

It is often said that the Greeks as well as philosophers such
as Aristotle accepted the theory of natural slavery i.e. that
some men are slaves by nature. At the time of Plato and Socrates,
slavery was so accepted by the Greeks (including philosophers)
that few people indeed protested it as an institution<...>
---

this is -not- a YHWHist ideation, this is -man's- invention.

etc.
Timothy Sutter
2011-02-25 00:06:21 UTC
---
#Exodus 12:48
#"An alien living among you who wants to celebrate
#YHWH's Passover must have all the males in his
#household circumcised; then he may take part
#like one born in the land. No uncircumcised
#male may eat of it.
---

#and so, if a 'slave' wanted to 'convert'
#he was immediately no longer an alien,
#and not to be treated as a 'slave'
#by Israelites.

#one of the last funny bits;

#seeing that people of Israel were not
#to enslave each other, but could purchase
#people from the outlying 'nations'

#'ideally', they could have purchased a people's
#freedom inasmuch as they could have redeemed
#people from foreign lands, brought them into
#their homes, and made them accustomed to the
#dignity offered up under the law, and when
#that people -asked- to take and eat the Passover,
#they could become full members in Israel.

so, like, if you look -very- closely,

the Israelites -could- buy people from outlying nations
specifically -to- "redeem" them and seek their peace
and welfare inasmuch as Israel was to be a place of
exceeding blessings and the rest of the world was
nearly -in- a state of duress and perpetual
slaveries to the Baals and a cursed earth.

so, you've got to look very carefully where it says
that the Israeliite may purchase people from these
nations and take them as property that could be
passed on to their own children, -because-
after 3 to 10 generations,

these people -could- enter in to Israel proper
according to Exodus and eating the passover
and circumcising their males.

=now= ask yourself, which would be more "Godlike"?
would it be more "Godlike" to oppress these people
perpetually as slaves or, more "Godlike" to redeem them
-from- a cursed existence and grant them redemptive
release at the eating of the passover
in 3 to 10 generations?

and by the way, Boaz is in excess
of 10 generations from the Mosaic years.
and, as we see, Boaz takes Ruth,
the Moabitess to wife,

and not only redeems -her- but David and Jesus
are both descended -from- Ruth, the Moabitess.

so, -obviously, if King David is a Moabite blend
this cannot be ,,,well, you can make up the rest...

[notice the arrows <---]

you'll notice that in deuteronomy 23, the implication
that Israel could seek the peace and prosperity
of these outlying 'nations' but only that Moab
and the Ammonites were to be put off for a much
longer period than were the Egyptians themselves,
and...Edom, who is Esau.

so, basically, -by- the time of the 50 year Jubilee...

you'd be pretty close to the 3 generational decree
for redeeming edomites and egyptians and the decree
becomes to proclaim Liberty to =all= inhabitants
of the land -including- the people that were purchased
out of the nations as a redemp[tion -just- like
YHWH redeemed Israel from Egypt in the first place,

and so, my "ideally" statement earlier is not so very
far fetched and is actually, a pretty good look
behind the veil on Moses' face.

=Ideally= Israel could purchase people from the
outlying nations who were already under duress
and bring them home in to Israel and instruct
them in Torah andlead them to take the passover
and ...set them free in to Israel
thus being more like YHWH.

===
Leviticus 25:9-11
9 Then you shall cause the trumpet of the Jubilee
to sound on the tenth day of the seventh month; on
the Day of Atonement you shall make the trumpet to
sound throughout all your land. 10 And you shall
consecrate the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty
throughout all the land to =all= its inhabitants. <---
It shall be a Jubilee for you; and each of you
shall return to his possession, and each of you
shall return to his family. 11 That fiftieth year
shall be a Jubilee to you; in it you shall neither
sow nor reap what grows of its own accord, nor
gather the grapes of your untended vine.
<...>
44 And as for your male and female slaves whom
you may have—from the nations that are around you,
from them you may buy male and female slaves.
45 Moreover you may buy the children of the
strangers who dwell among you, and their families
who are with you, which they beget in your land;
and they shall become your property. 46 And you
may take them as an inheritance for your children
after you, to inherit them as a possession;
they shall be your permanent slaves.
===

Deuteronomy 23:7-9
7 “You shall not abhor an Edomite, for he is your brother.
You shall not abhor an Egyptian, because you were an alien
in his land. 8 The children of the third generation born <---
to them may enter the assembly of YHWH.

==

Deuteronomy 23
3 “An Ammonite or Moabite shall not enter the assembly
of YHWH; even to the tenth generation none of his
descendants shall enter the assembly of YHWH for
a very long time, 4 because they did not meet you with
bread and water on the road when you came out of Egypt,
and because they hired against you Balaam the son of
Beor from Pethor of Mesopotamia, to curse you.
5 Nevertheless YHWH your God would not listen to Balaam,
but YHWH your God turned the curse into a blessing
for you, because YHWH your God loves you.
6 You shall not seek their peace nor their
prosperity all your days for a very long time. <---

===
Ruth 4

5 Then Boaz said, “On the day you buy the field
from the hand of Naomi, you must also buy it from
Ruth the Moabitess, the wife of the dead, to
perpetuate the name of the dead
through his inheritance.”

===

bel;ieve it or not, it was almost could have been
a =privelege= to have an Israelite purchase you
from out of these nations who were under duress
and -not- being blessed by YHWH...

but, of course, Israel followed after the ways =of=
these outlying nations and forsook the covenant
of LIBERTY in YHWH.

so, ...Jesus comes, does his thing

and they all lived happily ever after...

not =quite=.... THE END

but .... it's underway...

Pastor Dave
2011-02-21 15:34:46 UTC
Post by Pastor Dave
Yosef: Gentiles exist only to serve Jews,
by Jonah Mandel
Actually, that's technically correct...
but you'd be somewhat hardpressed to convince
someone like, say, Barabbas that the Roman military
accupation force was a beast of burden for the jews
of his day.
The responses of some people only show just
how brainwashed they are by their doctrines.

Nowhere does the Bible teach that Gentiles exist
to serve Jews and it is a ridiculous, prejudiced
notion! And anyone comfortable with such a thing,
only shows just how ridiculous their belief system is.

This just shows how some people worship Jews.
If a Gentile said that about Jews, then all Hell
would break forth from these people. But if
a Jew says it about Gentiles, then hey, that's
okay, right? Please! <chuckle>
--
Pastor Dave

The best Bible software: http://www.theword.net/ is free!

"You don't always choose your path in life. But you can choose
how you walk it." - Josh Kezer (innocent man who found his faith
while he spent 16 years in prison before being released)
Ike E 2/1/11
2011-02-23 09:41:31 UTC

Post by Pastor Dave
Nowhere does the Bible teach that Gentiles exist
to serve Jews and it is a ridiculous, prejudiced
notion!
Oh, so Jesus was lying when He referred to the Gentiles as "dogs?"

Ike
--
********

Terry Cross
2011-02-24 07:25:05 UTC
Post by Ike E 2/1/11
<snippeth>
Post by Pastor Dave
Nowhere does the Bible teach that Gentiles exist
to serve Jews and it is a ridiculous, prejudiced
notion!
Oh, so Jesus was lying when He referred to the Gentiles as "dogs?"
No. But those who reported the incident were lying.

TCross
Ike E 2/1/11
2011-02-22 20:19:03 UTC
Post by Pastor Dave
Yosef: Gentiles exist only to serve Jews,
by Jonah Mandel
Actually, that's technically correct...
but you'd be somewhat hardpressed to convince
someone like, say, Barabbas that the Roman military
accupation force was a beast of burden
for the jews of his day.
The key word being "beasts," which Daniel (in reference to the succession of
kings from Babylon to the Seleucids), and John (in reference to the
succession of Caesars ruling Rome), et al, all used to describe their
Gentile occupiers.

Get it?

Ike
--
********

Timothy Sutter
2011-02-22 21:34:42 UTC
Post by Pastor Dave
Yosef: Gentiles exist only to serve Jews,
by Jonah Mandel
Actually, that's technically correct...
but you'd be somewhat hardpressed to convince
someone like, say, Barabbas that the Roman military
accupation force was a beast of burden
for the jews of his day.
The key word being "beasts," which Daniel (in reference to the succession of
kings from Babylon to the Seleucids), and John (in reference to the
succession of Caesars ruling Rome), et al, all used to describe their
Gentile occupiers.
Get it?
it seems as if "to serve" is the operative term here and not "beasts"
as that is what you say is "technically correct," that "gentiles" exist
only to "serve jews" and so, again, you'll be hard pressed to show me
how the jews in Daniel's day or in John's day, considered themselves
as being "served" by these "gentiles" who were pretty much telling them
what to do.

and, once again, i show you these statements from Torah;

---
[...]

and so, -if- there is a "jewish" teaching that suggest
that "gentiles exist to serve jews" it doesn't seem
as if this teaching was culled from Torah.

that i "get"
Timothy Sutter
2011-02-23 11:00:51 UTC
=
Numbers 27:16-18
“Let YHWH, the God of the spirits of all flesh,
set a man over the congregation, who may go out
before them and go in before them, who may lead them
out and bring them in, that the congregation of
YHWH may not be like sheep which have no shepherd.”
=
Jeremiah 50:6,;17
“My people have been lost sheep. Their shepherds
have led them astray; They have turned them away
on the mountains. They have gone from mountain
to hill; They have forgotten their resting place.
,;
“Israel is like scattered sheep; The lions
have driven him away. First the king of Assyria
devoured him; Now at last this Nebuchadnezzar
king of Babylon has broken his bones.”

Micah 2:12
“I will surely assemble all of you, O Jacob,
I will surely gather the remnant of Israel;
I will put them together like sheep of the fold,
Like a flock in the midst of their pasture;
They shall make a loud noise because
of so many people.
=
Matthew 10:6
But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
=

Israel is "like" sheep.

does this mean Israel =is= sheep?

let me say, no, of course not,

these are =likenesses= and not cues

to treat people like commodities.
Timothy Sutter
2011-02-23 11:35:39 UTC
Post by Timothy Sutter
Israel is "like" sheep.
does this mean Israel =is= sheep?
let me say, no, of course not,
these are =likenesses= and not cues
to treat people like commodities.
anyway, it's somewhat plausible that YHWH
allowed Israel to fall in to the hands of Egypt
and be -used- _as_ Slaves, in order that they
discover how much they =didn't= like that

and =NOT= to -ever- treat anyone else in -that- manner,

and, in fact, were -told- as much the moment

they were extracted from Egyptian bondage.

"do =not= treat people as you were treated in Egypt"

Israel didn't get the message, but
enslaved their -own- people,

and then we see Israel getting carted off

by Assyrians and then Babylon.

=not= to be -taught- =to treat= people like commodities,

but as object lessons -not- to treat people as commodities.

==
Isaiah 19:25

whom YHWH Defender shall bless, saying,

“Blessed is Egypt My people,

and Assyria the work of My hands,

and Israel My inheritance.”
==

does that sound like Egyptians are commodities?

does it sound liek Israel is a commodity?

-i- say =no=

if you want to treat people like comodities

you don't need to run to the bible

looking for justification.

cuz it isn't there...
Timothy Sutter
2011-02-23 12:00:14 UTC
Post by Timothy Sutter
if you want to treat people like comodities
you don't need to run to the bible
looking for justification.
cuz it isn't there...
so anyway, <sarcasm> alert...

<sarcasm> Jesus speaking...

"""well, technically, the incident in Egyptian bondage
was a grand lesson to teach you -how- to properly treat
people like commodities, and only now, these Jews had
the correct -idea- but were not accomplishing it well
enough and so, i turn over this great lesson -to-
the gentiles, so that they can better profit
from treating people like commodities"""

</sarcasm>

trouble is, we don't see this sort of spirit

at work -anywhere- in the bible.

=technically= it's false to suggest that

the bible is -encouraging- in -any- manner

the enslavement of people.

children of Abraham or not...
Timothy Sutter
2011-02-24 10:43:52 UTC
Post by Timothy Sutter
=technically= it's false to suggest that
the bible is -encouraging- in -any- manner
the enslavement of people.
children of Abraham or not...
anyway, one of the bottom bottom lines on this bit
is that, evidently, some people have trouble
distinguishing =likenesses= from real attitudes.

sure, lots of times in lots of places in the bible
there are =likenesses= used which compare people to animals
and Israel and Judah are -included- in these =likenesses=

sometimes people are referred to as vines and thorn bushes
does that mean that people -are- vines and thornbushes?

sarcasm alert...

<sarcasm>

"""well, technically, yes, so we can cut them down
and toss them on the fire at our whimsy"""

</sarcasm>

uh boy...

pass me the rubber mallet so i can conk myself

upside the head and see things clear like that...

ooops, i forgot to put "sarcasm alert" up there, ...hold on

sarcasm alert...

<sarcasm>

uh boy...

pass me the rubber mallet so i can conk myself

upside the head and see things clear like that...

</sarcasm>

i wouldn't want someone to -help- me see that

so clearly -by- conking me upside the head

with the rubber mallet.

and no, that wasn't being sarcastic...

but yeah yeah yeah, YHWH can cut things down...

and toss them on the fire...

=BUT=

YHWH takes no 'delight' in seeing a foul person
die for being a foul person but relishes when
one such person -turns around-

and behaves like ...

like he really -does- love God and life and all that good stuff...

just remember, even a lion will run from a man...

and you gotta coax it back,,,"here kitty kitty"
Ike E 2/1/11
2011-02-24 05:12:10 UTC
Post by Timothy Sutter
Post by Timothy Sutter
Israel is "like" sheep.
does this mean Israel =is= sheep?
let me say, no, of course not,
these are =likenesses= and not cues
to treat people like commodities.
anyway, it's somewhat plausible that YHWH
allowed Israel to fall in to the hands of Egypt
and be -used- _as_ Slaves, in order that they
discover how much they =didn't= like that
No, just how to treat them; the law differentiated between the Hebrew slave
(temporary) and the Gentile slave (permanent); but it was consistant about
how they were to be treated.

And none of this changes the fact that the Rabbi was right (but for the fact
that he doesn't know what Jesus did, and how He turned the horizontal
relationship vertical).

Ike
--
********

Timothy Sutter
2011-02-24 09:58:42 UTC
"Timothy Sutter wrote...
Post by Timothy Sutter
Post by Timothy Sutter
Israel is "like" sheep.
does this mean Israel =is= sheep?
let me say, no, of course not,
these are =likenesses= and not cues
to treat people like commodities.
anyway, it's somewhat plausible that YHWH
allowed Israel to fall in to the hands of Egypt
and be -used- _as_ Slaves, in order that they
discover how much they =didn't= like that
No, just how to treat them; the law differentiated between the Hebrew slave
(temporary) and the Gentile slave (permanent); but it was consistant about
how they were to be treated.
good grief.

[...]

if anything, that 'rabbi' -exposes- =you=

for being a slaver and not a proclaimer of Liberty.

and you say that the gentiles =exist= to serve "jews"

is wholly unfounded.
Ike E 2/1/11
2011-02-24 05:09:07 UTC
Post by Timothy Sutter
Post by Pastor Dave
Yosef: Gentiles exist only to serve Jews,
by Jonah Mandel
Actually, that's technically correct...
but you'd be somewhat hardpressed to convince
someone like, say, Barabbas that the Roman military
accupation force was a beast of burden
for the jews of his day.
The key word being "beasts," which Daniel (in reference to the succession of
kings from Babylon to the Seleucids), and John (in reference to the
succession of Caesars ruling Rome), et al, all used to describe their
Gentile occupiers.
Get it?
it seems as if "to serve" is the operative term here and not "beasts"
as that is what you say is "technically correct,"
Ah, no, the operative term is "beast," just as John uses the term to
describe the false messiah and the false prophet, though they shall rule
over all; and then God will rectify the situation.
Post by Timothy Sutter
that "gentiles" exist
only to "serve jews" and so, again, you'll be hard pressed to show me
how the jews in Daniel's day or in John's day, considered themselves
as being "served" by these "gentiles" who were pretty much telling them
what to do.
Once again, the point goes over your head: The IRONY is that the "beasts"
will rule over the "masters"...until Jesus returns to reverse the situation.
Post by Timothy Sutter
and, once again, i show you these statements from Torah;
And once again, I will show you that the subject is foreigners passing
through Israel, especially those who come to worship the God of Israel (in
preface of the Gospel).
Post by Timothy Sutter
technically, i'd say that YHWH discourages "opressing" strangers
and, quite the contrary, encourages treating strangers as one of
the natives of the land even going so far as encvouraging the
allowance of taking tha passover and becoming
...not even strangers anymore...
All of which were part of the process of prosyletization, and irrelevant to
the laws differences about Hebrew slaves (only for a time) versus Gentile
slaves (permanent).
Post by Timothy Sutter
but, perhaps this sort of niceness gets lost
in the dehumanizing processes of cynical pragmatism...
and so, -if- there is a "jewish" teaching that suggest
that "gentiles exist to serve jews" it doesn't seem
as if this teaching was culled from Torah.
You don't know "Torah;" but Jesus did, and even Jesus had to recognize the
conventions of the law, as per the confrontation with the woman of Canaan,
in which He referred to her as a "dog."

Ike
--
********

Timothy Sutter
2011-02-24 09:58:00 UTC
Post by Timothy Sutter
Post by Ike E 2/1/11
Post by Timothy Sutter
Post by Ike E 2/1/11
Post by Pastor Dave
Yosef: Gentiles exist only to serve Jews,
by Jonah Mandel
Actually, that's technically correct...
but you'd be somewhat hardpressed to convince
someone like, say, Barabbas that the Roman military
accupation force was a beast of burden
for the jews of his day.
The key word being "beasts," which Daniel (in reference to the succession of
kings from Babylon to the Seleucids), and John (in reference to the
succession of Caesars ruling Rome), et al, all used to describe their
Gentile occupiers.
Get it?
Timothy Sutter wrote...
Post by Timothy Sutter
it seems as if "to serve" is the operative term here and not "beasts"
as that is what you say is "technically correct,"
Ah, no, the operative term is "beast," just as John uses the term to
describe the false messiah and the false prophet, though they shall rule
over all; and then God will rectify the situation.
these "beasts" are a counterfeit to the "kingdom of God"
as -parallelled- by the very large stature of a man with
a head of gold and legs of iron,

and those empire/kingdoms subsisted,
in part, _by_ -coercively- enslaving people,

YHWH does not ever suggest that when the kingdoms of this world
are become the kingdom of the Saints, that they are to -behave-
in manners -like- the counterfeit.

and yes, the term "saints" would have been
recognized in Daniel's day as "Israel"
Timothy Sutter wrote...
Post by Timothy Sutter
that "gentiles" exist
only to "serve jews" and so, again, you'll be hard pressed to show me
how the jews in Daniel's day or in John's day, considered themselves
as being "served" by these "gentiles" who were pretty much telling them
what to do.
Once again, the point goes over your head: The IRONY is that the "beasts"
will rule over the "masters"...until Jesus returns to reverse the situation.
you seem to be ignoring that Israel was =likened= to "sheep"
so, Israel doesn't seem to be escaping the likeness of "animals"
and in some places, just like general livestock.

=
[...]

ezekiel 34:17
“Behold, I shall judge between
sheep and sheep, between rams and goats.
==
=
Matthew 10:6
But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
=

and if you want to get "technical" about it,

Assyria and Babylon and the like were likened to =lions=

and, in the so-called "kingdom age"
...one we've all heard so -many- times;

==
Isaiah 11:5-7

5 Righteousness shall be the belt of His loins,
And faithfulness the belt of His waist.
6 “ The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb,
The leopard shall lie down with the young goat,
The calf and the young lion and the fatling together;
And a little child shall lead them.
7 The cow and the bear shall graze;
Their young ones shall lie down together;
And the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
==
Isaiah 65:24-25
24 Before they call I will answer;
while they are still speaking I will hear.
25 The wolf and the lamb will feed together,
and the lion will eat straw like the ox,
and dust will be the serpent’s food.
They will neither harm nor destroy
on all my holy mountain,”
says YHWH.
==

this does not in any way, suggest that, in the "kingdom age"
that =Israel= will simply be the "new lion" and will viciously
'survive' through oppression and all that neat stuff.

you seem to have it in your head that this
will be some sort of "topsy turvy" scenario
where the "oppressed" behave as the "oppressor"
but this is not what the bible says.

another bit having Israel and
or Judah likened to an animal;

==
Zechariah 10:3
“ My anger is kindled against the shepherds,
And I will punish the goatherds. For YHWH Defender
will visit His flock, The house of Judah, And will
make them as His royal horse in the battle.
==

of course, maybe you'd like to suggest that we
should use this horse to pull your meat wagon for you...

not...
Timothy Sutter wrote...
Post by Timothy Sutter
and, once again, i show you these statements from Torah;
And once again, I will show you that the subject is foreigners passing
through Israel, especially those who come to worship the God of Israel (in
preface of the Gospel).
this is not just a passer-by- but
a constant =dweller= in the land.

==
Leviticus 19:34
The stranger who dwells among you shall be to you
as one born among you, and you shall love him as
yourself; for you were strangers in the land of Egypt:
I am YHWH your God.
==

and this shows again in Numbers where the Law
is applied to an alien gathering sticks on the Sabbath,
simply by virtue of his living in the land.
Timothy Sutter wrote...
Post by Timothy Sutter
technically, i'd say that YHWH discourages "opressing" strangers
and, quite the contrary, encourages treating strangers as one of
the natives of the land even going so far as encvouraging the
allowance of taking tha passover and becoming
...not even strangers anymore...
All of which were part of the process of prosyletization, and irrelevant to
the laws differences about Hebrew slaves (only for a time) versus Gentile
slaves (permanent).
=if= the Israelites had followed the covenant of Life,
they were to be =blessed= with the rains and abundance,
and would have no -need- for -coerced- indentured servants,

but, they kept following after the ways
-of- the "nations" [gentiles] and committing
the 'detestable acts' of these nations, chief of which,
-was- the coercive oppression of "foreigners"
and their own peoples.

look at this;

===

Post by Timothy Sutter
but, perhaps this sort of niceness gets lost
in the dehumanizing processes of cynical pragmatism...
and so, -if- there is a "jewish" teaching that suggest
that "gentiles exist to serve jews" it doesn't seem
as if this teaching was culled from Torah.
You don't know "Torah;" but Jesus did, and even Jesus had to recognize the
conventions of the law, as per the confrontation with the woman of Canaan,
in which He referred to her as a "dog."
and in the -same- instance, he refers to Israel as =sheep=

and, some more "technicallities"

there was much made of "false shepherds" of the people Israel
how sometimes -they- were -behaving- as mad dogs,

so, there, you can see how a high placed =religious=
leader =of= Israel could be likened to a mad dog,

look at this bit;

[...]

“Yet I will gather to him
Others besides those who are gathered to him.”
9 All you beasts of the field, come to devour,
All you beasts in the forest.

10 His watchmen are blind,
They are all ignorant;
They are all dumb dogs, <---[HIS Watchmen, i.e. Israelites
They cannot bark; and or Judaites "jews"]
Sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber.
11 Yes, they are greedy dogs
Which never have enough.
And they are shepherds
Who cannot understand;
They all look to their own way,
Every one for his own gain,
From his own territory.
12 “ Come,” one says, “I will bring wine,
And we will fill ourselves with intoxicating drink;
Tomorrow will be as today,
And much more abundant.”
====

i mean, look at that, it says of
Israel's =leaders= and =his- "watchmen"

"They are all dumb dogs" etc.

-but- it is also possible that these people were -using-
some of the cannaaanite people who were around and about
as 'herding' measures for the sheep of israel and using
-intimidations- from -those- people to keep their
own 'sheep' "in line" simply because they did
-not- care for the "sheep" and were in fact, despoiling them,
and ruthlessly using them, and this was -their- crime.

and these people -were- ..."jews"

but that's a bit of a digression...

and let's not forget this one;

==
John 10:16
And other sheep I have which are not of this fold;
them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice;
and there will be one flock and one shepherd.
==

needless to say, none os this even begins to imply

that Israel or sanctified "gentiles"
are to -become- "slavers"

this is simply devoid of the spirit -of- the gospel and law.

Jeremiah 23:1
“Woe to the shepherds who destroy and scatter
the sheep of My pasture!” says YHWH.

Jeremiah 23:2
Therefore thus says the LORD God of Israel against
the shepherds who feed My people: “You have scattered My flock,
driven them away, and not attended to them. Behold,
I will attend to you for the evil of your doings,”
says YHWH.