Scripture Testimony Sufficient For Faith In Christ
Add Reply
Christ Rose
2024-09-07 20:00:07 UTC
https://christrose.news/2024/09/15-evidences-that-signs-and-wonders.html

John wrote about Jesus' miraculous signs
so that people would believe in Him
based on the eyewitness testimony of
Scripture (John 20:30-31, ESV).

"Now Jesus did many other signs in the
presence of the disciples, which are not
written in this book; but these are
written so that you may believe that
Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and
that by believing you may have life in
his name." (John 20:30-31, ESV)

John makes it clear that the purpose of
recording the miraculous signs of Jesus
was to provide a written testimony that
would lead people to faith in Christ. He
emphasizes that the signs performed by
Jesus were witnessed by the disciples
and documented in Scripture to give
future generations a reliable,
authoritative account of who Jesus is.
This written record of the eyewitness
testimony was intended to be sufficient
for belief, without the need for
additional signs or personal experiences.

John's Gospel, and indeed the entire New
Testament, provides the foundation for
faith in Christ through the inspired
record of Jesus' life, death, and
resurrection. The emphasis is on
believing in Jesus through the testimony
of Scripture, which is both complete and
trustworthy for bringing people to faith
and giving them eternal life.

Many in the Charismatic movement,
however, often place more weight on
modern-day signs and wonders, suggesting
that faith is incomplete or insufficient
without personal confirmation through
miraculous experiences. This attitude
contrasts with John's clear intention:
the written record of Jesus' signs is
enough to bring people to saving faith.
If Charismatics fully embraced the
teaching of John's Gospel, they would
recognize that belief based on the
eyewitness testimony of Scripture is
sufficient for knowing Christ and
receiving eternal life. There is no need
to seek additional signs to validate the
truth already recorded in God's Word.

--
Have you heard the good news Christ died
for our sins (†), and God raised Him

That Christ died for our sins shows
we're sinners who deserve the death
penalty. That God raised Him from the
dead shows Christ's death satisfied
God's righteous demands against our sin
(Romans 3:25; 1 John 2:1-2). This means
God can now remain just, while forgiving
you of your sins, and saving you from
eternal damnation.

On the basis of Christ's death and
resurrection for our sins, call on
the name of the Lord to save you:
"For "everyone who calls on the name
of the Lord will be saved."" (Romans
10:13, ESV)

https://christrose.news/salvation
Robert
2024-09-08 21:15:40 UTC
Post by Christ Rose
John wrote about Jesus' miraculous signs
so that people would believe in Him
based on the eyewitness testimony of
Scripture (John 20:30-31, ESV).
"Now Jesus did many other signs in the
presence of the disciples, which are not
written in this book; but these are
written so that you may believe that
Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and
that by believing you may have life in
his name." (John 20:30-31, ESV)
If the person who posted this were a bible scholar they would have known this
verse.

Jhn 14:12 (KJV)

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I
do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go
unto my Father.

For this reason one needs to be aware of the false teachers, those who teach
that all knowledge has ceased.

Not only did the anonymous coward miss that vital teach of Jesus, but from
the very same book, had they read it, Jesus said this as well in a prayer to
his Heavenly Father,...

Jhn 17:18-20 (KJV)

18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into
the world.

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified
through the truth.

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on
me through their word;

I would strongly suggest that you read the entire chapter, for it is the
Prayer of Jesus to His Heavenly Father for all who believe on him throughout
the Church Age until He resurrects all the Believers of this age. There was
no time limits given, the only limitations mentioned are inferred and that is
only upon those that “believe Not”. V20

Scriptures teach us to be wary of those who teach “another Gospel” and
now is not the time for these people as the Lord has stirred the pot of a
tremendous revival of His word and power for these last days just preceding
the return of Jesus in the clouds for all the believers that are counted
worthy.

Luk 21:34-36 (KJV)

34And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged
with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and sothat day come
upon you unawares.

35For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the
whole earth.

36Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to
escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son
of man.