10's of 1,000's, perhaps 100's of 1,000,s Saw God!
Robert
2017-01-08 23:24:33 UTC
Many have read this, yet not seen it.

Joh 1:18  No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son,
which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Here is how the Greek to English is clarified;
Joh 1:18  No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son,
or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate
presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and
brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He
has made Him known]. (AMP)

Jesus, "He" has declared Him, made him known. This was a major part of
the work of Christ on earth, he who was sacrificed for the sins of the
whole earth.

Of course I expect many arguments on this and this was near the
beginning of Christ's ministry on the earth. During the course of
Christ's first ministry on earth he said this,...

Joh 14:6  Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life;
no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me.
Joh 14:7  If you had known Me [had learned to recognize Me], you would
also have known My Father. From now on, you know Him and have seen
Him.
Joh 14:8  Philip said to Him, Lord, show us the Father [cause us to
see the Father--that is all we ask]; then we shall be satisfied.
Joh 14:9  Jesus replied, Have I been with all of you for so long a
time, and do you not recognize and know Me yet, Philip? Anyone who has
seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say then, Show us the
Father?

Now there is much more to this in Chapter 14 for those that care to
see, yet here Jesus clearly states, Anyone who has seen me has seen
the Father.

Jesus was authorized to speak this, He was God's representative on
earth and spoke only on the authorization of His Father. He
represented God well, and He also showed the anger of God regarding
the money changers in the temple, tossing over their tables and
running them out of the temple.

Still need convincing, like a JW will? Very near the end of his
ministry on earth with the messages of Good News, Christ said this,...

Joh 20:26  Eight days later His disciples were again in the house, and
Thomas was with them. Jesus came, though they were behind closed
doors, and stood among them and said, Peace to you!
Joh 20:27  Then He said to Thomas, Reach out your finger here, and see
My hands; and put out your hand and place [it] in My side. Do not be
faithless and incredulous, but [stop your unbelief and] believe!
Joh 20:28  Thomas answered Him, My Lord and my God!
Joh 20:29  Jesus said to him, Because you have seen Me, Thomas, do you
now believe (trust, have faith)? Blessed and happy and to be envied
are those who have never seen Me and yet have believed and adhered to
and trusted and relied on Me.

Yes, ALL the disciples, not just the twelve know fully knew who they
had been living with and following. The rest of the world around
Jerusalem saw God the Father, via Jesus, whether they fully understood
or not.

So we can see now that mankind has seen God since it was an objective
of Jesus to make Him known to all that would listen. God showed
through Jesus Christ many signs, wonders, miracles and healing's.
Raising people from the dead and freeing all who were oppressed of the
enemy.

Jesus here in this last passage also left a message directly to you
and me, when He said, "Blessed and happy and to be envied are those
who have never seen Me and yet have believed and adhered to and
trusted and relied on Me."

Notice, he did not say washed with water, but have believed, etc.

JW's and others are following idols, false images, as part of their
doctrines, their Jesus is not the Jesus that is spoken of in the words
of John. A fact hardly disputed by James when he says he follows a
"Jesus" that the Christians do not. And He is right, he follows a
false image, one he calls Jesus, but knows not. Same with some others
here.
Patrick
2017-01-09 01:10:05 UTC
Post by Robert
Many have read this, yet not seen it.
Now there is much more to this in Chapter 14 for those that care to
see, yet here Jesus clearly states, Anyone who has seen me has seen
the Father.
Simple.
Jesus is God.
God the Father is God.
Any questions?
astarte
2017-01-09 01:10:51 UTC
Post by Robert
Many have read this, yet not seen it.
Joh 1:18  No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son,
which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
Except, Moses, the elders of israel with moses, enoch, & elijah. & that
may not be all.

snip continuation of ignorance by Robert.

Are you going to answer walksalone's question. You know, this one.

Now, where is that message ID where you claim I called you a liar?

"Aristotle was once asked what those who tell lies gain by it. Said he,
"That when they speak truth they are not believed."
duke
2017-01-09 13:19:22 UTC
Post by Robert
[...]
They saw flesh only. The never saw divinity, nor knew of his divinity until
after he ascended to the Father..

Philippians 2:6-8New International Version (NIV)

Who, being in very nature[a] God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own
advantage;

rather, he made himself nothing
    by taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.

And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    by becoming obedient to death—
        even death on a cross!

the dukester, American-American

*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
Robert
2017-01-09 19:48:30 UTC
Post by duke
Post by Robert
[...]

Earl, while the verses you quote from Philippians are very true, they
are not on topic, and they also do not dispute what Jesus said, when
he said you have seen me, you see the Father.

In fact, to use one of your arguments regarding God being one, Jesus
was born as God/man. His name meaning God with us.

You dispute with God and his word with your words and actions. Any
particular reason for it?
astarte
2017-01-09 20:52:17 UTC
On Mon, 09 Jan 2017 11:48:30 -0800, Robert snip, 115 lines

Patrick
2017-01-09 22:51:36 UTC
Post by Robert
Earl, while the verses you quote from Philippians are very true, they
are not on topic, and they also do not dispute what Jesus said, when
he said you have seen me, you see the Father.
In fact, to use one of your arguments regarding God being one, Jesus
was born as God/man. His name meaning God with us.
You dispute with God and his word with your words and actions. Any
particular reason for it?
Duke is 100 percent correct.
Since you do not understand or believe in the Trinity, you will never
accept what real Christians believe.
You need to get over it.
Real Christians believe in the Trinity.
You obviously do not.
Servant
2017-01-09 17:27:01 UTC
With trusty digital divination meter in hand, robert holds forth:

Snip
Post by Robert
Jesus was authorized to speak this, He was God's representative on
earth and spoke only on the authorization of His Father. He
represented God well, and He also showed the anger of God regarding
the money changers in the temple, tossing over their tables and
running them out of the temple.
Still need convincing, like a JW will? Very near the end of his
ministry on earth with the messages of Good News, Christ said this,...
What a hoot, the above blurb about the nature of Christ would be embraced
by a jw. They too distort the person of Christ as not fully God and fully
man, He was just a "representative" of God.
snip
Post by Robert
Joh 20:28  Thomas answered Him, My Lord and my God!
Oops, there goes the jw and robert word dance in one stroke, sorry bub.

Thomas addressed He who was fully God and fully man in the confirmation
of His wombs.

snip

Of course being fully God and fully man in one undivided nature what of she
who bore Him in her womb? Could she be properly said to be the "God
bearer" to add support to His "fully both undivided" nature?

Unlike the father as God who is spirit, being also fulll man in Christ's
physicl presence, would a graphical representation of the son evoke the "no
graven image" of God?

These were questions that came up in the early years of the church. Like
in Actts, they met in council to decide such matters of faith and
practice.
Leo Sgouros
2017-01-09 18:45:42 UTC
On Monday, January 9, 2017 at 11:45:30 AM UTC-6, Servant wrote:
<snip>
Post by Servant
Thomas addressed He who was fully God and fully man in the confirmation
of His wombs.
Say the magic word...

Post by Servant
snip
<snip>
Robert
2017-01-09 20:13:46 UTC
Post by Servant
Post by Robert
Joh 20:28  Thomas answered Him, My Lord and my God!
Oops, there goes the jw and robert word dance in one stroke, sorry bub.
Thomas addressed He who was fully God and fully man in the confirmation
of His wombs.
His "Wombs"?

Fool, you should have read the scriptures provided. What Thomas
finally recognized is what Jesus was all along, and his words
testified of that.
astarte
2017-01-09 20:52:56 UTC
On Mon, 09 Jan 2017 12:13:46 -0800, Robert snip

Servant
2017-01-09 21:24:47 UTC
Post by Robert
Post by Servant
Post by Robert
Joh 20:28  Thomas answered Him, My Lord and my God!
Oops, there goes the jw and robert word dance in one stroke, sorry bub.
Thomas addressed He who was fully God and fully man in the confirmation
of His wombs.
His "Wombs"?
Fool, you should have read the scriptures provided. What Thomas
finally recognized is what Jesus was all along, and his words
testified of that.
Thomas doubted a risen Christ. When invited to see the marks and place his
hand in His side he believedd.

The next declaration from him "my lord and God".

Christ had already revealed His divinity to the apostles. His death caused
grave doubts among them, the physical evidence changed the mind of a
doubting Thomas.

Any theory making of Christ less then fully God and fully man undivided has
Thomas to deal with. One small bit and all such theories go "poof".

So, who was Christ? Was He fully God and fully man undivided or is there
another theory afoot? One might consult the beginning of John.
Robert
2017-01-09 22:54:17 UTC
Post by Servant
Post by Robert
Post by Servant
Post by Robert
Joh 20:28  Thomas answered Him, My Lord and my God!
Oops, there goes the jw and robert word dance in one stroke, sorry bub.
Thomas addressed He who was fully God and fully man in the confirmation
of His wombs.
His "Wombs"?
Fool, you should have read the scriptures provided. What Thomas
finally recognized is what Jesus was all along, and his words
testified of that.
Thomas doubted a risen Christ. When invited to see the marks and place his
hand in His side he believedd.
The next declaration from him "my lord and God".
Christ had already revealed His divinity to the apostles. His death caused
grave doubts among them, the physical evidence changed the mind of a
doubting Thomas.
Thomas was also a disciple, His divinity was already understood by
some as revealed by the Holy Spirit. The other disciples had already
seen Jesus and what he doubted is what they told him. It was not until
8 days later that He saw Jesus who came right through the walls Where
they were. Why you want to keep reiterating this point is beyond me,
are you having problems with belief.
Post by Servant
Any theory making of Christ less then fully God and fully man undivided has
Thomas to deal with. One small bit and all such theories go "poof".
So, who was Christ? Was He fully God and fully man undivided or is there
another theory afoot? One might consult the beginning of John.
Had you read the scripture I posted in the first place you would have
had an answer to all of this. I do not go by religion or traditions of
men.
Servant
2017-01-09 23:12:53 UTC
Post by Robert
Post by Servant
Post by Robert
Post by Robert
Post by Servant
grave doubts among them, the physical evidence changed the mind of a
doubting Thomas.
Thomas was also a disciple, His divinity was already understood by
some as revealed by the Holy Spirit.
Pentecost and the promised SH was then a future event. He believed because
of the empty tomb and the physical evidence of His body as risen Christ.
Post by Robert
..The other disciples had already
seen Jesus and what he doubted is what they told him. It was not until
8 days later that He saw Jesus who came right through the walls Where
they were. Why you want to keep reiterating this point is beyond me,
ar
All that quite irrelevant to the point of Thomases renewed faith in His
divinity, "my lord and my God". God and man undivided..
you having problems with belief.

No.
Post by Robert
Post by Servant
Any theory making of Christ less then fully God and fully man undivided has
Thomas to deal with. One small bit and all such theories go "poof".
So, who was Christ? Was He fully God and fully man undivided or is there
another theory afoot? One might consult the beginning of John.
Had you read the scripture I posted in the first place you would have
had an answer to all of this. I do not go by religion or traditions of
men.
I did read it, Christ as fully God and fully man undivided confirmed in the
example of Thomas; "my lord and my God".

So the question stands, who was Christ ; was He fully God and fully man
undivided or is there another theory afoot?

Every theory now proposed these 2000 years later is of rligion, even if
only the lone ranger flavor; and exactly invented of man.

The unbroken 2000 year witness; beginning in scripture benchmark, not the
confused mumblings of a lone ranger bible reader with a digital divination
meter with its heavenly wifi connnection.
Robert
2017-01-10 01:39:00 UTC
Post by Servant
Post by Robert
Post by Servant
Post by Robert
Post by Robert
Post by Servant
grave doubts among them, the physical evidence changed the mind of a
doubting Thomas.
Thomas was also a disciple, His divinity was already understood by
some as revealed by the Holy Spirit.
Pentecost and the promised SH was then a future event. He believed because
of the empty tomb and the physical evidence of His body as risen Christ.
Whatever SH is. You sure do a poor job of hacking up posts, it also
shows your lack of understanding.

Mat 16:16  And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the
Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17  And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou,
Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but
my Father which is in heaven.

Well before the death of Christ.

And before the birth of Christ, the promise, then the realization of
the promise spoken of here.

Luk 2:26  And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he
should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.
Luk 2:27  And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the
parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of
the law,
Luk 2:28  Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,
Luk 2:29  Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace,
according to thy word:
Luk 2:30  For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,
Luk 2:31  Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;

Now Thomas believed per the scriptures posted, then deleted by you,...

Joh 20:25  The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen
the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the
print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and
thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.
Joh 20:29  Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me,
thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have
believed.

See what you miss by not reading?
Post by Robert
Post by Servant
Any theory making of Christ less then fully God and fully man undivided has
Thomas to deal with. One small bit and all such theories go "poof".
So, who was Christ? Was He fully God and fully man undivided or is there
another theory afoot? One might consult the beginning of John.
Had you read the scripture I posted in the first place you would have
had an answer to all of this. I do not go by religion or traditions of
men.
I did read it, Christ as fully God and fully man undivided confirmed in the
example of Thomas; "my lord and my God".
So the question stands, who was Christ ; was He fully God and fully man
undivided or is there another theory afoot?
I was speaking of the original post I made, made up mostly of
scripture, and you snipped virtually all of it. Read that, I made it
clear that is what I believed.
Post by Servant
Every theory now proposed these 2000 years later is of rligion, even if
only the lone ranger flavor; and exactly invented of man.
The unbroken 2000 year witness; beginning in scripture benchmark, not the
confused mumblings of a lone ranger bible reader with a digital divination
meter with its heavenly wifi connnection.
Go to my original post, my answer is there, unchanged.

Obviously you are clueless as to what constitutes religion, and what
the difference is between religion and the Good News.

Sadly your mocking ways will come back to haunt you.

Now go back to the original post, scripture there will show you what I
believe.
Servant
2017-01-10 01:56:54 UTC
Re: 10's of 1,000's, perhaps 100's of 1,000,s Saw God!
Reply to: Robert
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2017 17:39:00 -0800
alt.bible,
alt.christnet.christianlife,
alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic
Followup to: newsgroups
Post by Servant
Post by Robert
Post by Servant
Post by Robert
Post by Robert
Post by Servant
Any theory making of Christ less then fully God and fully man undivided has
Thomas to deal with. One small bit and all such theories go "poof".
So, who was Christ? Was He fully God and fully man undivided or is there
another theory afoot? One might consult the beginning of John.
Had you read the scripture I posted in the first place you would have
had an answer to all of this. I do not go by religion or traditions of
men.
I did read it, Christ as fully God and fully man undivided confirmed in the
example of Thomas; "my lord and my God".
So the question stands, who was Christ ; was He fully God and fully man
undivided or is there another theory afoot?
I was speaking of the original post I made, made up mostly of
scripture, and you snipped virtually all of it. Read that, I made it
clear that is what I believed.
Went back, nothing there to answer the above question but the Thomas "my
lord and my God" confirmmation of the fully God and fully man undivided
nature of Christ.

So the question stands unanswered. What might be "believed" about some
subsidiary question is not on the table.

A politician often answers some other question when the one before him is
too touching and revealing.
Robert
2017-01-10 03:24:49 UTC
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2017 17:39:00 -0800
Post by Servant
Post by Robert
Post by Servant
Post by Robert
Post by Robert
Post by Servant
[...]
Well, first off, the resurrected Christ was not man, he was a
bloodless being with holes in his body. His resurrected body was a
redeemed body.
Post by Servant
So the question stands unanswered. What might be "believed" about some
subsidiary question is not on the table.
Jesus said, you see me, you see the Father.
John 14:9; Matt 16:16
Post by Servant
A politician often answers some other question when the one before him is
too touching and revealing.
A politician often asks a question for obfuscation, or as a setup to
something not related.

astarte
2017-01-10 00:28:26 UTC
On Mon, 09 Jan 2017 14:54:17 -0800, Robert pouted because someone didn't
follow his mistake. Snip

astarte
2017-01-10 00:32:00 UTC
On Mon, 09 Jan 2017 14:54:17 -0800, Robert snip, just more conceit.

Patrick